We look forward to welcoming your students to Knebworth House, Park and Gardens. The step-by-step guides and teacher resources below aim to support you with the planning your visit. Please contact a member of the Group Bookings team if we can help with the preparation of your visit in any way: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 810931
If you would like your students to visit our Gift Shop during your visit please book in advance. Themed goody bags at a variety of price points are available to pre-order.
Making your booking
- Choose your programme.
- Contact our Group Bookings team to check availability.
- Confirm your booking online, or return the completed booking form within 7 days to secure your booking and your preferred date. Pre-booking is essential for all educational group visits.
- A confirmation letter and information pack will then be sent to you by post.
- Late bookings and amended bookings, (i.e. those confirmed less than 10 days before the day of your visit), can be accepted if space allows but at the discretion of Knebworth House.
- All visits need to be accompanied by at least 3 adults (unless all members of the group are over 16 years). The final ratio will be confirmed when booking.
- To support you in completing your trip Risk Assessment we offer free pre-booked familiarisation visits for up to 2 members of teaching staff. These are available from Monday – Friday 9.30 – 4.00 pm excluding weekends and bank holidays. Please allow at least 1 hour for your visit.
- Once you have made your booking, please take a few minutes to read the Program Information, which is sent to you with your booking confirmation. This will provide an opportunity to prepare your pupils and staff for the visit. While we work hard to put all arrangements in place at Knebworth, we do find that the more you plan and share with us, the more successful you will find your visit!
Costs and payment
Admission costs for education groups (March-September): Children/students 2-18 years £11.50 each, Additional Adults £11.50.
- We offer 1 free adult place for every 8 children in the group aged over 2 years old. Additionally, we offer essential carers free admission by prior arrangement.
- All educational bookings are subject to a minimum group size of 20 paid places.
- Confirmation of final numbers and full payment is required 21 days before your visit.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, BACS, debit or credit card.
- Knebworth House is unable to offer refunds or accept any responsibility for costs incurred in connection with your visit.
- If your selected programme includes afternoon games, your students can enjoy a fun-filled afternoon at Fort Knebworth (May & June) or a visit to the Adventure Playground (July-August). Book the bouncy castle and slides in advance at no extra cost, subject to availability.
On the day
Full details are in your teacher’s information pack.
- Please arrive promptly at 10.00 am for a 10.15 am start, and let us know if you are delayed.
- There is ample free on-site parking for coaches. On public open days, the member of staff who greets your group will issue coach drivers a free admission ticket plus a refreshment voucher.
- Furthermore, on public open days teachers may visit the Garden Terrace Tea Room for refreshments etc. On closed days, please make sure that teaching staff and helpers are aware that hot drinks are not available and that they will need to bring their own refreshments. Your confirmation letter will advise whether your visit is on an open or closed day.
- We have accessible facilities for visitors, including wheelchair accessible toilets. As an historic building the House does not have a lift, but we can convey a sense of its history to visitors on the ground floor.
- Lunch facilities are provided outside for a picnic-style meal. Covered picnic areas are available at the Adventure Playground. Please come prepared for every type of weather!
- Programmes end at around 2.15 pm, but departure times can be flexible according to your travel arrangements.
Useful Links and Information
Subscribe to our quarterly Education e-newsletter to stay up to date with our school activities:
Furthermore, we have an exciting range of event for children throughout the season which would be ideally for summer schools.
Information in the brochure is correct at the time of going to press. The management reserves the right to make any changes to facilities offered and to close the grounds and House, or any part thereof, without notice.