We look forward to welcoming your students to Knebworth House, Gardens and Park. Please contact a member of the Group Bookings team if we can help with the preparation of your visit in any way. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 810931
If you would like your students to visit our gift shop during your visit please let us know. Alternatively, goody bags at a variety of price points are available to pre-order.
Making your booking
- Choose your programme.
- Contact our Group Bookings team to check availability.
- Confirm your booking online, or return the completed booking form within 14 days in order to secure your booking and your preferred date. Pre-booking is essential for all educational group visits.
- A confirmation letter and information pack will then be sent to you by post.
- Late bookings and amended bookings, (i.e. those confirmed less than 10 days before the day of your visit), can be accepted if space allows, but at the discretion of Knebworth House.
- All visits need to be accompanied by at least 3 adults (unless all members of the group are over 16 years). The final ratio will be confirmed when booking.
- To support you in completing your trip Risk Assessment we offer free pre-booked familiarisation visits for up to 2 members of teaching staff. These are available from Monday – Friday 9.30 – 4.00 pm excluding weekends and bank holidays. Please allow at least 1 hour for your visit.
- Once you have made your booking, please take a few minutes to read the Teacher’s Handbook, which is sent to you with your booking confirmation. It provides an opportunity to prepare your pupils and staff for the visit. While we work hard to put all arrangements in place at Knebworth, we do find that the more you plan and share with us, the more successful you will find your visit!
Costs and payment
Admission costs for education groups. March – 24th September: Children/students 2-18 years £11.50 Adults £11.50
- We offer 1 free adult place for every 8 children in the group over 2 years old. Essential adult carers are admitted free of charge.
- All educational bookings are subject to a minimum group size of 20 paid places.
- Confirmation of final numbers and full payment is required 21 days prior to your visit.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, BACS, debit or credit card.
- All credit card payments will incur a 3% handling fee.
- Normal admission fees will be charged for any additional visitors on the day.
- Knebworth House regrets that it is unable to offer refunds or accept any responsibility for costs incurred in connection with your visit.
- If your activity day includes a visit to the Adventure Playground, the bouncy castle and slides can be included at no extra cost if booked in advance
On the day
Full details are in your teacher’s information pack.
- Please arrive promptly at 10.00 am for a 10.15 am start, and let us know if you are delayed.
- There is ample free on- site parking for coaches. On public open days, coach drivers receive free admission ticket plus a refreshment voucher. Vouchers are issued by the member of staff who greets your coach.
- On public open days, teachers may visit the Garden Terrace Tea Room for coffee etc. On closed days, please make sure that teaching staff and helpers are aware that there are no hot drinks available and that they will need to bring their own refreshments. Your confirmation letter will advise if your visit is on an open or closed day.
- We have facilities for disabled visitors, including wheelchair accessible toilets. Please see our Public Access information online. The House has no lift but we can convey a sense of its history to visitors on the ground floor.
- Lunch facilities are provided outside for a picnic-style meal. Please be prepared for every type of weather! Covered picnic areas are available at the Adventure Playground.
- Programmes end at around 2.15 pm, but departure times can be flexible according to your travel arrangements.
Useful Links and Information
Chambers Coaches are pleased to offer a discount to groups visiting Knebworth House. Please call 01438 352920 for information. www.chamberscoaches.com
Subscribe to our quarterly Education e-newsletter which contains interesting information about our school activities. Subscribe here
Please note: The information contained in the brochure is correct at the time of going to press. The management reserves the right to make any changes to facilities offered and to close the grounds and House, or any part thereof, without notice.