Knebworth House has been named amongst 18 finalists for the first Herts Tourism Awards 2017 and now the public are invited to view and vote for the winners in each category. As a special incentive – and to help more people experience the best of Hertfordshire’s incredible tourism destinations for themselves – anyone who votes will automatically be entered in to a prize draw to win four fantastic days out at some of Herts best loved attractions, (terms and conditions apply).
You can vote by heading to the Visit Herts website (https://www.visitherts.co.uk/whats-on/hertfordshire-tourism-awards-2017 or Facebook page (@visithertsUK). Voting closes on Friday 20th October and the businesses with the most votes will be crowned at a gala ceremony on Friday 24th November.
Destination specialists Go To Places (who deliver Visit Herts) launched the first ever Herts Tourism Awards in August, and invited big and small businesses to nominate themselves for an accolade. 47 entries were received and a judging panel of tourism experts from outside Hertfordshire whittled these down to a shortlist of three finalists per category. Knebworth House is one of the three finalists for the “Big day out Award”.
The Herts Tourism Awards Scheme was created to further motivate the county’s tourism businesses to create even more compelling experiences and adopt best practice. The scheme rewards exceptional standards of customer service and outstanding overall visitor experiences.
Finalists will receive an official award, accreditation and feature in a Visit Herts social media and PR campaign. Winners will also get the chance to go forward to the national Awards for Excellence operated by Visit England (subject to Visit England eligibility criteria).
How do I enter?
Voting in the Herts Tourism Awards and entering the prize draw is easy.
• Head to the competition section on Visit Herts’ Facebook page (http://woobox.com/2jtcns).
• You can also find the link on www.visitherts.co.uk.
• Vote for your first choice businesses in each of the six award categories.
• Once you have selected your pick of winners, please share a few words about your vote and your favourite Herts tourist attractions.
• You’ll need to enter your email address and your full name to enter the competition. A winner will be selected at random on Monday 23rd October.
Terms and Conditions
• Competition closes Friday 20th October
• The winner will receive entry for two people to the following four Hertfordshire attractions (subject to opening times, not valid on Bank Holidays or certain special events): Willows Activity Farm, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Lee Valley White Water Centre, Knebworth House.
For more information about Hertfordshire, please visit www.visitherts.co.uk.